$ 400 million
Sylvester Stallone net worth is $400 million. He is a professional actor, screen writer and director who started his career in 1971. He got higher fame from Rocky which was released in 1976. It is well known that Sylvester Stallone wrote the script of Rocky himself and he offered to sell his script to the producer who will cast himself in leading role. First of all he sold the script in $350,000 but the film officials rejected to take him in the leading role. So he canceled the contract with them and on a lower price made contract with someone who took him in the leading role. Major sources of Sylvester Stallone net worth are movies and endorsements.
Biography of Sylvester Stallone
Sylvester Stallone was born on July 6, 1946 in New York city, New York, United States. Full name given to him on his birth is Michael Sylvester Gardenzio Stallone. Firstly he was raised up in New York City and later he moved to Beverley Hills, California, United States. He started his education from school in New York City and later he graduated from University of Miami. He started his career in 1971 and got heights of fame for his acting in 1975-76.
He worked in different movies and acted different type of roles but his work in Rocky was just superb. He wrote Rocky’s script after getting inspired from Muhammad Ali and acted in this film as a leading character. He is an American national but his ancestor belongs to Italian French mixed genetics. Unlike his career his married life always remained in crises he married three times but somehow is failed in this cycle of life. Her recent wife Jennifer Flavin got divorced in the recent years. He has five children Sage, Seargeoh, Sophia, Sistine and Scarlet. Major sources of Sylvester Stallone net worth are movies, endorsements and appearances.
Timeline of Sylvester Stallone net worth
Every actor earns from his movies but on the other hand endorsements come as upper income and increase their wealth. Same is the scene with Sylvester Stallone he earns major part from movies in acting, directing and screen writing role but endorsements are the plus points in his income. Information of his earnings is not available in each earning part but we will consider his overall earnings from each year.
- In 1975 Sylvester Stallone net worth was $200,000
- In 1980s when rocky released his net worth jumped to $7 million
- When Staying alive released his earnings jumped t0 $10 million
- In 1987 his assets totaled $16 million
- When most popular movie of him Rambo was released in 1988 his worth was $20 million
- In 1993 cliffhanger added money to his accounts and he jumped over $40 million
- In 1997 he previous payments which were unpaid yet received and his net worth goes up to $70 million
- In 2002 reported net worth of Sylvester Stallone was $110 million
- Bullet to head raised his net worth to $150 million in 2012
- Expendables 2 added huge income in his accounts and according to figures he crossed $200 in 2012
- In 2013 Escape Plan added another $50 million to Sylvester Stallone accounts totaling $250 million
- In 2014 Expendables 3 released and increased his wealth by $30 million which totals $280 million
- Other unreported income of Sylvester Stallone comes in huge amount from endorsements of different brands and appearances which make Sylvester Stallone net worth total of $400 million.
Comparison of Sylvester Stallone net worth
You will not be able to understand the position of Sylvester Stallone net worth in the Hollywood net worth chart until we will not compare his wealth with other stars in Hollywood. Comparison of Sylvester Stallone with other celebrities is given below.
- Dwayne Johnson has net worth 46% lower than Sylvester Stallone
- Johnny Depp has exact figures of net worth with Sylvester Stallone
- Leonardo DiCaprio net worth is almost half compared to Sylvester Stallone
- Tom cruise is almost 50% lower than Sylvester Stallone in net worth
- Arnold Schwarzenegger net worth is 25% smaller than Sylvester Stallone
- Angelina Jolie is 2.5 times behind Sylvester Stallone in net worth
- Action actor Liam Neeson net worth is 5.3 times lower than Sylvester Stallone
- Scarlett Johansson net worth is 5 times littler than Sylvester Stallone
- Brad Pitt net worth is 1.6 times lower than Sylvester Stallone
- Average American net worth is 1333 times lower than Sylvester Stallone
From the above analysis one thing is quite sure that Sylvester Stallone is the richest actor in the Hollywood industry. Mostly of the famous celebrities have net worth lower than Sylvester Stallone and earlier we have discussed than major source of Sylvester Stallone net worth is earnings from movies.
Sylvester Stallone net worth is $400 million which is higher than other famous celebrities in the Hollywood industry. Major sources of his income are salary from movies and endorsements of brands. Rocky and Rambo were the main cause of his success and fame but Escape plan added huge finance to his net worth.