Skip Bayless net worth is $10 million. Skip Bayless is an American sports columnist who started his career from his college life. He was interested in games and played basketball and football for his college side. He was a good writer he started writing about sports in his college magazines. After that when he completed his graduation he started writing columns on sports regularly and professionally in Miami Herald. After few years later he become a sports journalist and joined Los Angeles times. He career started growing and he received many awards for his writings on sports issues. Every channel and newspaper was in search of a person like Skip Bayless for sports news and writings that’s why he had a great chance to switch the channels and raise his net worth. He has switched 4 to 5 news agencies and channels and his current salary is $3 million which is expected to grow in the coming year as he has planned to switch to the FOX sports.
Biography of Skip Bayless
Skip Bayless was born on December 4, 1951 in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma, United States of America. His original name is John Edward Bayless 2 but he was given nick name of Skip by his father. He was born to a rich family who has their own restaurant business. He was raised by his parents along with his two brothers and one sister. His brother handles the restaurant business and he is interested in sports news. He got his early education from a school in Oklahoma but later he joined Vanderbilt University for his higher education. He has interest of writing on sports from his college life and has good skills to write on sports matters. His writings were published in college magazines and later he joined this profession professionally.
- Complete Name: John Edward Bayless 2
- Nick Name: Skip, skipper, Edie
- Birth: December 4, 1951
- Born at: Oklahoma City, Oklahoma, United States of America
- Height: 5 feet 10 inch
- Weight: 70 kg
- Relationship Status: Unmarried
- Children: Unknown
- Education: Vanderbilt University
- Nationality: American
- Ethnicity: White
- Occupation: Sports columnist, sports journalist
- Wealth Source: Sports news and columns
Skip Bayless is living a luxurious life in his biggest house in New York and he is planning to switch one more news channel means from ESPN to FOX. His professional life is no doubt very successful but his personal life is somewhat hidden from the media as there is no information about his marriage, children and girlfriends. There are the things which are still unknown to the media and his fans.
Skip Bayless earning sources
Skip Bayless net worth is $10 million and his annual salary is $3 million but news are that his salary is expected to grow to $5 million as he is leaving ESPN and joining FOX channel in the coming year. Salary is the major source of earnings for Skip Bayless. Moreover few of the details about his career and earnings are given as follows.
- Before gradation he was working as a sports editor in the journal and magazine type newspaper for the University. He was very good at writing the sports news and he got a contract from Fran Boggs as an intern and he worked under his supervision in daily Oklahomian.
- When he completed his education and passed out he joined The Miami Herald and become their sports writer. He has delivered his services in the same newspaper for the two years and received a lot of appreciation in the market. The situation was many newspapers and channels were after him to leave the current job and join them.
- After leaving Miami after two years he joined Los Angeles Times who were behind him from a long time to join there newspaper as a sports writer and sports investigator.
- Due to his exceptional skills he was awarded with the biggest sports journalist award in 1977.
- After working for Miami and receiving award for best journalist and writer in sports category he was poached by Dallas morning. Working with Dallas morning was quite luckier for Skip Bayless as he received 3 best Texas writer awards in sports category.
- After Dallad he joined Texas news and later joined Chicago times.
- Bayless worked on radio and movies as part time actor.
- He left Chicago times and joined ESPN sports here his salary is $3 million
- Now the news are that he going to switch once again and moving to FOX news as they are growing his salary to $5 million per year.
Skip Bayless net worth comparison
Skip bayless net worth of $10 million is made through switching newspapers and channels that we have discussed earlier. In this section our point of interest is that where he lies in the list of richest sports writer and the answer of this question resides in comparison. The results of comparison of Skip Bayless net worth with other sports writer are given below.
- Michael Wilbon net worth is almost the same with the Skip Bayless assets
- Christine Brennan net worth is 8 times greater than Skip Bayless
- Bill Simmons net worth is 1.5 times greater than Skip Bayless
- Peter King net worth is 1.7 times greater than Skip Bayless
- John Anderson net worth is $3 times lower than Skip Bayless
- Amy Robach net worth is 8 times lower than Skip Bayless net worth
Skip Bayless net worth is $10 million. He is a famous American columnist, writer and journalist in the sports category. He has worked in famous newspapers and channels in America, currently he is working in ESPN and taking salary of $3 million a year but the rumors are he is moving to FOX news in the coming year and will take annual salary of $5 million.