$ 350 million
Shaq net worth is $350 million. He is a retired American basketball player who is currently famous basketball analyst and businessman. He started his career in early 1990s from his college level. He was picked in the 1st round and 1st pick in the overall NBA draft. After that he started playing for the national team as well as he played for different teams like Orlando magic, Los Angeles Lakers, Miami Heat, Phoenix suns and Boston Celtic. He retired from the Bolton Celtic and played one year for this side. His way of playing basketball is quite quicker and impressive that’s why he is known as one of the best basketball attackers but he usually played at a center forward position. He has won many awards in his life for more than twice, the biggest award he won was 4 time NBA champion and NBA rookie of the year in 1993. Major sources of his net worth are match fee, salary, analysis fee and business.
Biography of Shaq
Shaq was born on March 6, 1972 in Newark, New Jersey, United States of America. He got his early education from the Robert D.cole high school and later he moved to University of Phoenix for his higher studies and he did MBA from here. He got education doctoral degree from university of Barry. He is quite interesting and impressive person with height of 7 feet 1 inch and weight of 147 kg. Height plays an important role in basketball and he proved that by being the best player many times. He started his career professionally in 1992 when he became the 1st pick in the first round of NBA draft and later he proved his selection correct and earned a lot of respect in the field of basketball and got retired in 2011.
- Complete Name: Shaquille Rashaun O’Neal
- Nick Name: Shaq
- Birth: March 6, 1972
- Born at: Newark, New Jersey, United States of America
- Height: 7 feet 1 inch
- Weight: 145 kg.
- Relationship Status: Divorced (Shaunie Nelson)
- Children: Six (Nelson, Taahirah, Shareef, Amirah, Shaqir, Me’arah)
- Education: University of Phoenix, university of Barry
- Nationality: American
- Ethnicity: African-American
- Occupation: Basketball player (retired), basketball analyst, businessman
- Wealth Source: Basketball and business
Shaq married with Shaunie Nelson and later gave her divorce due to non-settlement of their issues with each other that were prevailing between them for many years. The relationship finaly ended with a divorce. Both have six children Nelson, Taahirah, Shareef, Amirah, Shaqir and Me’arah.
Earning sources of Shaq
During his career Shaq earning sources were his salary and match fee but when he got retired he turned himself into a basketball analyst and receives salary for his opinions he gave over television. He started certain other businesses too that increased Shaq net worth to $350 million. Few of the major earning sources of Shaq are given below in detail.
- He started his career from Orlando magic and his salary in this club in 1992 was $3 million annually
- His salary increased to $4.8 million in 1994
- His salary jumped $1 million and totaled $5.8 million in 1995
- His transfer from Orlando to Los Angeles Lakers gave him $10 million
- First salary he received from Los Angeles Lakers was $12 million in 1997
- In 1997 he received $15 million as a salary from Los Angeles Lakers
- In 2000 his salary jumped to $20 million
- Last salary he received from Los Angeles Lakers was $25 million in 2003
- He was transferred to Miami Heat in 2004 and got salary of $20 million and 7 million transfer fee
- His salary was $20 million in 2004, 2006 and 2007
- Salary he received from transferring into Phoenix was $22 million in 2008
- In 2009 he was again transferred to Cleveland Cavaliers and got same salary he was taking from Phoenix
- His final transfer was to Boston Celtics from where he got $31 million in 2010
- In 2011 he got retired from the basketball and announced it
- Shaq net worth currently is $350 million
Comparison of Shaq net worth
Shaq net worth is quite high and it looks that he is the richest player in basketball. For clearing this point we have compared Shaq net worth with other basketball players and the results of the comparison are given below.
- Tim Duncan net worth is 2.7 times smaller than Shaq assets
- Grant Hill has 1.8 times smaller assets compared to Shaq assets
- Kevin Garnet net worth is 46% smaller than Shaq assets
- Hakeem Olajuwon net worth is 1.5 times smaller than Shaq assets
- Kobe Bryant net worth is $280 million which is 1.07 times smaller than Shaq
- LeBron James net worth is 15% smaller than Shaq net worth
- Magic Johnson net worth is 1.6 times greater than Shaq
- Michael Jordan net worth is $1 billion which is 2.85 times greater compared to Shaq
Shaq net worth is $350 million which made him the 3rd richest basketball player in the world. He is famous in basketball due to his skill moves and speed. He has earned lot of money from basketball seasons and after retirement he is working as a basketball analyst. He is running business too that is also a source of increase in net worth of Shaq.