Last Updated: December 12, 2017
$ 1.5 Million
Kevin Gates net worth is $1.5 million. He is an American rapper, singer, songwriter and hip hop artist. He started his career in rap in 2007 and he made many songs along with Boosie and Webbie.
In 2008 he made his single debut with a song “Get in the Way” which sang along with Boosie and that become the major reason for the popularity of Kevin Gates. Kevin was sentenced jailed for storing weapon and drugs for 2 years and he was released in 2011 from the prison and he found his way in music and returned to his path.
He has worked with many rappers like Lil Wayne, Wiz Khalifa and Jay Z on different projects. His album was released in 2013 which gave him lot of fame and money; almost over 100,000 copies of his album were sold in that year. His album stood 40th best on the billboard hits in year 2013.
Biography of Kevin Gates
Kevin Gates was born on February 5, 1986 in Baton Rouge, Louisiana, United States of America. He was born to a lower middle class migrant family and the area he was brought up is famous for crimes like selling and purchasing of drugs and gang wars.
The name given to him by his parents on his birth is Kevin Gilyard which later turned into a short form of Kevin Gates. He managed to go to school but due to the environment of the area he was unable to pursue it more and started working on his music goals.
He started from a very little age and he has worked with multiple stars as a helper. Finally in 2013 he released his own album and this album got a lot of recognition among people of America and he earned a lot of money from the sales of his album copies.
- Complete Name: Kevin Gilyard
- Nick Name: Kevin Gates
- Birth: February 5, 1986
- Born at: Baton Rouge, Louisiana, United States of America
- Height: 6 feet 02 inch
- Weight: 92 kg
- Relationship Status: Married to Dreka Haynes since 2015
- Children: Two
- Education: Area Community school
- Nationality: American
- Ethnicity: African-American
- Occupation: Rapper, Singer, Songwriter, hip hop artist
- Wealth Source: Music
Kevin Gates is quite successful in his professional career and his net worth is also constantly rising. Keeping his professional life apart let’s talks about her personal life and about his love life.
He was dating a young lady since 2006 and then her grandma told him that she is his cousin. Both got married in 2015 in a private marriage ceremony and living a happy life.
In an interview Kevin cleared that he is not ashamed of marring his cousin because it also happens in many royal families why Americans always perceive it a taboo? Kevin and his wife Dreka Haynes have 2 children prior to their marriage and both are living with this couple.
Earning Sources of Kevin Gates
Kevin Gates major earning sources are music and endorsements that why we have collected data about these two and the details of the data is provided in the lower section.
- Kevin Gates album “stranger than fiction” gave him 0.17 million
- By any means was one of his most popular album which gave him $0.14 million
- Luca Brasi gave Kevin Gates estimated total of $0.11 million
- Satellite also gained popularity and sales of this album also gave him $0.08 million
- “Don’t know” was one of his starter albums which gave him an amount of $0.07 million
- Total earnings of Kevin Gates from these albums totaled $0.63 million
- Kevin Gates earnings from endorsement deals totaled at $0.26 million
These were Kevin Gates earnings from the sales of his music albums and endorsement deals. Now look at the figures below in order to better understand how much he have earned in each year.
- In 2011 the earnings of Kevin Gates were $64,500
- In 2012 his earnings jumped and stood at $78,000
- In 2013 his earnings were roused even more and totaled as $82,000
- 2014 was a lucky year for Kevin Gates as his earning jumped to $105,000
- In 2015 Kevin Gates earned a total of $110,000 from all of his earning sources
- In 2016 Kevin Gates earnings were estimated at $120,000
Timeline of Kevin Gates net worth
Kevin Gates net worth is $1.5 million, lets break his net worth year wise that where his net worth stood at the end of every year. The details of his net worth timeline are given below.
- Kevin Gates net worth in 2012 was $0.57 million
- His net worth in 2013 stood at $0.8 million
- In 2014 his net worth was $0.86 million
- In 2015 his total assets were estimated at $1 million
- In 2016 total net worth of Kevin Gates was $1.5 million
Comparison of Kevin Gates net worth
Kevin Gates net worth is $1.5 million but if we compare it with the net worth of other rappers and singers than his net worth looks quite lower that’s why we have compared his net worth with other stars in order to get a better knowledge about this fact.
- Sean Combs net worth is 750 times greater than Kevin Gates
- Jay Z net worth is 550 times greater than Kevin Gates
- Eminem net worth is 220 times greater than Kevin Gates
- Lil Wayne net worth is 150 times greater than Kevin Gates
- Whiz Khalifa net worth is 55 times greater than Kevin Gates
- NAS net worth is 17 times greater than Kevin Gates net worth
- Sean Paul net worth is 10 times greater than Kevin Gates total assets
Kevin Gates net worth is $1.5 million he is a professional rapper, singer and hip-hop artist. He started his career in 2007 but was jailed in 2009-10 but released in 2011 and again stared his career in the same year.
He has released multiple albums after that and got a lot of recognition from public. He is an emerging star and his net worth is expected to grow in the near future.