Dr. Dre net worth is $850 million. He is famous American rapper, songwriter, producer and businessman. His original name is Andre Romelle Young but is famous as Dr. Dre due to his stage performances. At times people of America look at him as a doctor of their mental relief. Dr. Dre started his career in early 1980s and gave lot of hits in different genres like hip-hop, g funk and gangsta rap. Moreover he has produced albums for famous rappers like Snoop Dogg, 50 cent, Eminem, The Game and 2pac. Forbes has listed Dr. Dre as the second richest personality of America in hip hop category due to his net worth of over $600 million in 2014.
Biography of Dr. Dre
- Birth date: February 18, 1965
- Birth Place: Compton, California, United States
- Marital Status: He is married with Nicholas Young since 1996
- Children: Five sons and a daughter
- Nationality: American
- Ethnicity: African-American
- Education: Fremont High School, South Central Los Angeles
- Occupation: Rapper, Songwriter, record producer
- Wealth Source: Music and business
Dr. Dre was born on February 18, 1965 in Compton, California, United States. He was young when he was interested in music and aviation. Due to his poor grades in studies he was unable to get admission in Aviation College and apprenticeship in Northrop Aviation Company. So he started his career in music in early 1980s and got well recognition. He remained in contact with different girls in his young age and finally married to Nicholas Young. He had five sons and one daughter from five different women. Most of his income comes from his music albums, concerts, record productions and business deals. Let’s have a look at Dr. Dre net worth sources discussed below.
Sources of Dr. Dre net worth
We have break down Dr. Dre net worth in different categories from where he has earned less or more. Look at the most highest earning sources of Dr. Dre in the details given below.
- Dre earnings from YouTube totals $4 million
- Dre earnings from Music Production totals $6 million
- Dre earnings from Film Career totals $10 million
- Dre earnings from Music Sales totals $26 million
- Dre earnings from Endorsements totals $50 million
- Dre earnings from Shows/Tours totals $90.5 million
- Dre earnings from Investments totals $145 million
- Dre earnings from Beats by Dre Income totals $400 million
- Dre earnings from Business Deals totals $960 million
- Dre earnings Add up totals $1690 million
- Dre paid Taxes of amount $850 million
- Dre occurred Expenses totals $28 million
- Dre earnings from Beats by Dre Initial Investment totals $20 million
- Dre Add up to Costs totals $905 million
- Dr Dre net worth in actual in $850 million
Most part of Dr. Dre net worth comes from his business deals and secondly from the endorsements of different brands. His music sales, concerts, tours and record productions are way far from his earnings in business deals. After carefully analyzing this data one can say he more likely a business person than a musician.
Timeline of Dr. Dre net worth
In this section Dr. Dre net worth over time is explained that how much income he has earned in different years. View the details below.
- Dre total assets in 1992 were $4.5 million
- Dre total assets in 1995 were $11million
- Dre total assets in 1998 were $18 million
- Dre total assets in 2001 were $32 million
- Dre total assets in 2004 were $44 million
- Dre total assets in 2007 were $57 million
- Dre total assets in 2010 were $172 million
- Dre total assets in 2013 were $353 million
- Dre total assets in 2016 are $850 million
It can be clearly seen in the figures that Dr. Dre net worth from music were less than $50 million but when he got entered in business his net worth blasted. His net worth jumps to over $170 million due to his business line Beats by Dr. Dre. And then a constant huge rise can be seen in his net worth over six years.
Comparison of Dr. Dre net worth
For getting clearer picture that where Dr. Dre stands in Hollywood chart of net worth among other celebrities lets compare its net worth with others.
- Dre total assets compared to Jay Z total assets are 1.6 times greater
- Dre total assets compared to Beyonce total assets are Twice as large
- Dre total assets compared to Kobe Bryant total assets are 2.6 times greater
- Dre total assets compared to Taylor Swift total assets are 3 times greater
- Dre total assets compared to Rihanna total assets are 3 times greater
- Dre total assets compared to Drake total assets are 9 times greater
- Dre total assets compared to Kanye West total assets are 13 times greater
- Dre total assets compared to Barack Obama total assets are 250 times greater
- Dre total assets compared to Bernie Sanders total assets are 1,570 times greater
- Dre total assets compared to average American total assets are 12,200 times greater
From the above details it is clearly understandable that Dr. Dre net worth lies in richest category of the Hollywood stars. Its net worth is twice than Beyonce, 9 times greater than drake and 13 times than Kanye West. A common American is far below than Dr. Dre with average lower assets of 1200 times than Dr. Dre.
Dr. Dre net worth is $850 million in total. Major sources of his earnings are business deals and endorsements. He is very famous for his music productions and own albums but his earnings from music are much lower as compared to his business line. It looks he is more of a business person than a rapper and record producer.