Charles Barkley net worth is $35 million. He is retired professional basketball player and most popular among National Basketball Association. He started his career from Philadelphia in 1984. He is also listed in 50 greatest basketball players in the history. His picture is also placed in the hall of fame by NBA. He was traded two times to two different teams in his career, firstly to Phoenix Suns in 1993 and Secondly to Houston Rockets in 1997. He served sixteen years for the National Basketball Association. He mostly plays as the power forward from every side and sometimes he plays as the center and backward player too. Major sources of Charles Barkley earnings are his salary, match wining income and endorsements of brands.
Biography of Charles Barkley
Charles Barkley was born on February 20, 1963 in Leeds, Alabama, United States. His ancestors are from Africa so he is an African American. He started his career in 1984 and he was the fifth pick in the round one of NBA by Philadelphian 76ers. His height is 6 feet 6 inch but is lower than other players in the NBA. His weight always created problems for him as his average weight is 114 kg. He graduated from Auburn college of United states and was a famous player of his college basketball team. He announced retirement from basketball in 2000. Major sources behind Charles Barkley net worth of $35 million are his salary, income from match wins and other appearances and endorsements. Apart from his career his married life is quite successful as he got married wit Maureen Blumhardt in 1989 and both are living happily and have a daughter named Christiana she was also born in 1989 the same year the couple got married.
Career of Charles Barkley
Charles Barkley was interested in basketball from his school days he was player of his school basketball team but at that time teams were just announced in order to get stipend and no official play really happened. Later when he moved to college he was selected in the college basketball team and become famous due to his game style. This was the beginning of her career and in 1984 NBA draft five round one he was picked by Philadelphian 76ers and played eight years from this side. His techniques and gamming style was really well that made her stand out of the crowd. Weight was an issue for him but he never let him down due to high weight and always played hard. In 1992 he was picked up by Phoenix Suns and he played from this side till 1996. In 1996 he was transferred to the Houston Rockets and he announced retirement in 2000 after playing four years from this team. All these transfers and promotions becomes reason for the Charles Barkley net worth of $3.5 million. In his career he has received many awards and appreciations few of them are listed below.
- In 1987 he received award of rebounding leader of NBA
- In 1993 he received the award of most valuable player
- In 1994 he received player of the year award
- Recognized in top 50 best basketball players
- His picture is placed in NBA hall of fame
All these awards and appreciations made him more popular and his these awards are also the sources of his increase in his net worth according to me because as the player gets more fame he receives more endorsements which ultimately leads to increase in the net worth.
Timeline of Charles Barkley net worth
For clear understands of Charles Barkley net worth we have collected data of his year wise earnings from his career start. This will give you the better idea that from where he started and now at what point h is and why? For details of his yearly income and increase in it view the details provided below.
- Charles Barkley started from Philadelphian 76ers and his starting salary was $435,000 in 1985.
- Year later he jumped to $850,000 due to his techniques and game style his salary was increased.
- In 1988 his assets approached to $1.5 million that might be due to income from games wins and salary increase
- Charles Barkley net worth approached to the $2.9 in 1990.
- 1991-1992 was lucky year for Charles Barkley as he earned $3.2 million in total.
- Transfer in Phoenix Suns proved profitable and his net worth jumped to $3.5 million in 1993
- Just year later his assets crossed the level of $ 5 million
- His transfer to Houston Rockets in 1996-97 turned even more profitable and his assets jumped to $15 million
- His net worth started increasing with a regular fast pace and in 2000 his net worth was $18 million
- Current net worth of Charles Barkley is $35 million
Charles Barkley was a professional basketball player and turned in to basketball analyst now. Charles Barkley net worth is $35 million due to his highest salaries and income and rewards from match wins. Like other celebrities he also makes endorsements but data of exact endorsement figures are unveiled yet. Major sources of his net worth are Salary, income and rewards from each match win and endorsements.